Here's a tutorial for a super easy Tunisian crochet baby blanket for beginners:Materials:
- Tunisian crochet hook (size J/6mm)
- Worsted weight yarn in your desired color(s)
- Make a foundation chain of 82 stitches.
- Work a foundation row of Tunisian simple stitches (TSS) across the chain. Insert your hook into the second chain from the hook, yarn over, and pull up a loop. Repeat across the chain, keeping all the loops on your hook. Do not turn your work at the end of the row.
- Work the next row of TSS. Insert your hook under the second vertical bar (between the front and back vertical bars) and yarn over. Pull up a loop. Repeat across the row, keeping all the loops on your hook.
- Repeat step 3 until your blanket reaches your desired length (around 32-36 inches for a baby blanket). Be sure to keep your tension consistent so your blanket doesn't curl or warp.
- Bind off your stitches. To do this, work a row of Tunisian simple stitches, but instead of pulling up a new loop, yarn over and pull through two loops on your hook. Repeat this across the row until you have one loop left on your hook.
- Weave in any remaining ends with a yarn needle.